CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The importance of a class website: first impressions with parents


Today we met our kiddos!  I'm very excited about my class.  As I was talking to the parents, I had comments like "We went to your website last night and saw your video!  We were hoping you would be her teacher!"

Parents check out the websites of the teachers before they ever find out who they are going to have that year.  How does your class website measure up?

Having an online presence doesn't mean posting the daily homework or some other high maintenance plan.  Just saying hello and letting parents peak inside the world of first grade is good enough.

4 comments:

Ashley

I really like that you have your classroom website/blog!!! I am not a huge fan of what our school has us do (it's a Wikki) and I just can't do what I want to do on there. I think I may start on a new classroom blog!!!

Mrs. Luna

I have a wikispace and it is the most difficult program to use. Font size will change with no warning, previews will look different than your originial. I spent so much time on it, the past two years, that it frustrates me at how amateur it is. Any ideas? Tips? Thoughts?

Anonymous

I don't have a class website, but now that I know how to blog, maybe I should jump in with it this year. Thanks for the inspiration!

Amber

What program did you use to monitor hits on your website?

Post a Comment

Leave some magic words